It pretty much goes without saying that TikTok is how many of us discover new trends. In 2022, a slew of TikTok make-up products, as well as skincare, haircare, and all other things beauty, took the platform by storm and effectively challenged the way many of us tackled our routines.
Honesty and transparency are key values pulsing through the Gen Z–dominated app, so when something goes viral you know it has to be legit. If a product isn’t truly worth your bucks, it certainly won’t get the TikTok seal of approval. Young people have spoken, we have listened, and we’ve rounded up all the best beauty goodies—some that TikTok made us buy, others that we sold out so quickly we couldn’t get our hands on, and more that our peers can’t stop raving about. Read on to discover the viral TikTok make-up, skin, hair, and fragrance products of 2022.
This story was originally published on Vogue.com.
1 / 22
Solawave Advanced Skincare Wand with Red Light Therapy
- Why We Love It: Once you hop on the Solawave trend, there’s no turning back. Every year, there’s a new device that promises a healthy, glowing complexion with this advanced wand rising to the top for good reason.
- Beauty Benefits: Think of this as four treatments in one; pairing red light therapy, microcurrent, facial massage, and therapeutic warmth in one five-minute session. The result? A rejuvenated appearance tackling dark spots, fine lines, and general signs of ageing.
Solawave Advanced Skincare Wand with Red Light Therapy, US$149, available at Solawave
2 / 22
Chanel Les Beiges Water-fresh Tint
- Why We Love It: If there’s one thing TikTok loves, it is a lightweight, glowy skin tint. Chanel’s option is the formula of the moment and stars like Natalia Bryant and Hilary Duff are reportedly fans.
- Beauty Benefits: The fashion house certainly has a stellar beauty lineup that we can’t get enough of (think: its buzzy cream bronzer that also took over 2022). Here, its tint pairs skin-condition ingredients like glycerin, castor oil, and jasmine stem extract with pigmented droplets to treat skin while expertly providing weightless coverage—making it one of our favorite skincare-make-up hybrids.
Chanel Les Beiges Water-fresh Tint, $106, available at Chanel
3 / 22
Juliette Has a Gun Not a Perfume
- Why We Love It: TikTok is all about fragrances that might make someone stop you on the street to ask what you’re wearing. Who doesn’t want to hear that they smell good?
- Beauty Benefits: Dubbed one of Vogue’s best perfumes for women, this is described as warm and spicy—reminiscent of actual skin, rather than something heavily perfumed. Perhaps it’ll be your new everyday scent or an easy pickup for someone with a discerning sense of smell.
Juliette Has a Gun Not a Perfume, $167, available at Zalora
4 / 22
Dyson Airwrap Complete Styler
- Why We Love It: While the Dyson Airwrap is certainly not a new hair tool, in 2022, it is still shown time and time again as a quick and effective method to style various hair types from wet to dry for a bouncy, voluminous blowout effect.
- Beauty Benefits: What’s more, the brand launched a next-generation of the beloved tool, which features re-engineered brush attachments, direction-change barrels, and a new smoothing dryer for enhanced styling. Now, “you can ensure every attachment in your box delivers your desired style, specific to your hair type. Something you thought couldn’t get better, just did,” Ouai founder and celebrity hairstylist Jen Atkin said of the Airwrap in a press release.
Dyson Airwrap Complete Styler, US$600, available at Dyson
5 / 22
Haus Labs Triclone Skin Tech Medium Coverage Foundation with Fermented Arnica
- Why we love it: Of Lady Gaga’s Haus Labs collection, it was certainly this medium-coverage foundation that left a lasting impression on TikTok users—with the hashtag #hauslabsfoundation garnering nearly 9 billion views to date.
- Beauty Benefits: Known for its lightweight feel, radiant finish, and ability to seamlessly cover redness and dark spots, the Triclone Skin Tech can be applied with a brush, sponge, or your fingertips. Powered by fermented arnica, an antioxidant complex, and medicinal herbs, this promises to soothe even acne-prone and sensitive skin types.
Haus Labs Triclone Skin Tech Medium Coverage Foundation with Fermented Arnica, US$45, available at Haus Labs
6 / 22
Crown Affair The Hair Towel
- Why we love it: Crown Affair is one of the contemporary haircare brands that have caught the attention of Vogue editors, from its reliable dry shampoo to its daily cleanser—and now, its microfiber towel is taking over the platform.
- Beauty Benefits: Rather than a T-shirt or cotton towel, The Hair Towel is made of gentle microfibers to absorb water from your hair, speed up the drying process, and sweep moisture off your hair off your shoulders—all while limiting frizz and breakage for all hair types.
Crown Affair The Hair Towel, US$45, available at Crown Affair
7 / 22
Dior Backstage Rosy Glow Blush
- Why We Love It: With so many blushes to choose from, you know that the viral product will actually be worth your buck. Not only has Dior’s Backstage Rosy Glow Blush taken over our TikTok feeds, it also counts Hailey Bieber as a fan.
- Beauty Benefits: Pigmented and vibrant, this head-turning pink blush adds an instant flush of color that even reacts to the skin’s moisture levels for an optimised rosy, glowing finish.
Dior Backstage Rosy Glow Blush, $66, available at Sephora and Dior counters
8 / 22
Saie Hydrabeam Sheer Brightening Concealer
- Why We Love It: A clean concealer that blurs like a beauty filter? Sign us up immediately. Or, rather, get your hands on Saie’s Hydrabeam formula, which does just that.
- Beauty Benefits: Let’s be clear—it takes a lot for us to be impressed by a concealer. What makes this Saie option so worthwhile is its hydrating properties (led by squalene, glycerin, and tomato extract), brightening abilities, and weightless finish. “Why did this just change my life?” writes TikTok superstar Mikayla Nogueira in her review of the concealer.
Saie Hydrabeam Sheer Brightening Concealer, US$26, available at Saie
9 / 22
Color Wow Dream Coat Anti-Humidity Hair Treatment
- Why We Love It: If silky, smooth tresses are your goal, TikTok says to look no further than Color Wow’s Dream Coat spray.
- Beauty Benefits: This anti-frizz treatment uses humidity-blocking technology to keep hair sleek for up to three washes. Pro hairstylist and Color Wow global creative director Chris Appleton even used the formula to perfect Jennifer Lopez’s sleek style at this year’s Tribeca Film Festival. “It stops frizz, even in the worst humidity, and leaves hair with a super glossy, glassy-like texture,” he notes of the treatment.
Color Wow Dream Coat Anti-Humidity Hair Treatment, $61.75, available at Amazon
10 / 22
Valentino Twin Liner Gel & Liquid Eyeliner
- Why We Love It: A fresh contender to the best eyeliner marketplace is Valentino’s dual-ended pick, known to make a perfectly etched cat eye easy.
- Beauty Benefits: This comes with a semi-matte, ultra-fine liquid on one end and a gel in four colors (classic black, deep red, navy blue, or mocha brown) on the other end to help you achieve whatever look you’re going for. Not to mention, it glides on seamlessly and lasts all day without smudging.
Valentino Twin Liner Gel & Liquid Eyeliner, $51, available at Selfridges
11 / 22
Beauty of Joseon Relief Sun
- Why We Love It: Thanks to TikTok, we’ve discovered some of our favorite Korean beauty products—with Beauty of Joseon’s Relief Sun up to bat in 2022. We are, after all, always on the hunt for a game-changing sunscreen.
- Beauty Benefits: Known to blend quickly and impart a glowing finish sans white cast, this is enriched with rice bran water and SPF 50 to protect and condition skin.
Beauty of Joseon Relief Sun, US$18, available at Beauty of Joseon
12 / 22
Danessa Myricks Yummy Skin Blurring Balm Powder
- Why We Love It: For fashion and style writer Christian Allaire, a video of Danessa Myricks’s blurring balm powder stopped him in his tracks—or rather, his TikTok scrolling. “Her skin looked instantly flawless, with little to no effort required. I decided I instantly needed to try it,” he wrote in his review.
- Beauty Benefits: The innovative product is designed to reduce texture, blur skin, boost hydration, and balance oil production throughout the day through its lightweight formulation infused with upsalite, olive-derived squalane, and hyaluronic acid. You can seriously blend with your fingertips before continuing through your routine.
Danessa Myricks Yummy Skin Blurring Balm Powder, US$36, available at Danessa Myricks
13 / 22
Tower 28 SOS Daily Rescue Facial Spray
- Why We Love It: Tower 28’s facial spray really comes to the rescue to treat sensitive skin conditions through its formula powered by hypocholorous acid.
- Beauty Benefits: The spray boasts versatile benefits in addressing an array of skin-care concerns, from eczema and rosacea to acne and sunburn. Just spritz yourself to quickly pacify redness, irritation, and inflammation.
Tower 28 SOS Daily Rescue Facial Spray, US$28, available at Tower 28
14 / 22
Kilian Love Don’t Be Shy Eau de Parfum
- Why We Love It: TikTok rushed to buy Kilian’s Love Don’t Be Shy after rumors of it being Rihanna’s chosen perfume, but kept talking about it because of its sweet floral allure unlike any other.
- Beauty Benefits: Here, orange blossom, vanilla absolute, and marshmallow come together alongside notes of honeysuckle, rose, and iris to create its intoxicating sweetness reminiscent of what a new love feels like.
Kilian Love Don’t Be Shy Eau de Parfum, $428, available at Tangs
15 / 22
Kosas Revealer Concealer
- Why We Love It: Wave goodbye to dry under- eyes with the Kosas Revealer Concealer; it’s seriously that creamy. Described by the brand as a “concealer meets eye cream,” this looks to pair the best of skincare and make-up in one handy tube.
- Beauty Benefits: Through a blend of caffeine, arnica montana, pink algae extract, hyaluronic acid, and peptides, the clean concealer looks to brighten, soothe, and plump the skin while delivering medium coverage and improving skin over time. Our application tip would be to let the formula dry down for a few seconds before blending to prevent creasing and conceal where you place it.
Kosas Revealer Concealer, US$39, available at Kosas
16 / 22
Krave Beauty Great Barrier Relief
- Why We Love It: Of all the skincare trends that made waves this year, skin barrier repair was a top priority. The idea is: how can we help our skin protect and subsequently heal itself through the products and ingredients we choose? Thus, one of the best products TikTok recommended to incorporate was Krave Beauty’s Great Barrier Relief serum.
- Beauty Benefits: Infused with tamanu oil, niaciniamide, and ceramides, this promises to soothe irritation and redness, fade discoloration, and replenish fatty acids to reveal skin that feels calm and balanced.
Krave Beauty Great Barrier Relief, US$28, available at Krave Beauty
17 / 22
Hourglass Phantom Volumizing Glossy Balm
- Why We Love It: It’s time to plump up your pout with a glossy finish! Enter: the Hourglass Phantom Volumizing Glossy Balm.
- Beauty Benefits: Those partial to a lip gloss or plumper should definitely give this one a try. Swipe on the multipurpose formula for the hydration of a lip balm, volumizing effect, and high-shine glossy finish in an array of eight chic shades, though shade Mist or Slip might be the most popular.
Hourglass Phantom Volumizing Glossy Balm, $56, available at Sephora
18 / 22
Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter
- Why We Love It: In order to achieve a lit-from-within glow, shouldn’t you add a radiant product under your foundation of choice? According to TikTok, the answer is yes—most likely using Charlotte Tilbury’s Hollywood Flawless Filter.
- Beauty Benefits: “It’s the marriage between a liquid highlighter and a real-life filter that helps blur and illuminate the skin,” celebrity make-up artist Carolina Dalí-Trites previously told Vogue. The liquid includes finely milled powders, porcelain flower extract, and glossy oil to blur, brighten, and moisturise, whether applied on its own, under your complexion products or dotted on top as a gleaming highlight.
Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter, $76, available at Sephora
19 / 22
Kitsch The Satin Heatless Curling Set
- Why We Love It: The latest renditions of heatless curls mean you can easily change up your style without the damage that may result from traditional hot tools. According to TikTok, ditch that curling iron for a satin curling rod.
- Beauty Benefits: As this Kitsch set and countless TikToks depict, just wrap your hair around the curling wand, secure with scrunchies, and let your hair dry and set overnight. When you wake up, gently remove it to reveal bouncy, voluminous waves that require little to no effort.
Kitsch The Satin Heatless Curling Set, $25, available at Kitsch
20 / 22
Pixi On-the-Glow Blush
- Why We Love It: “Pixi’s viral blush stick glides on like butter and imparts a vibrant and glowing flush of color in just one swipe,” writes senior beauty editor Lauren Valenti on her summer blush of choice, highlighting its Ruby shade as her go-to.
- Beauty Benefits: The travel-friendly blush stick makes application to the lips and cheeks simple, and is even infused with ginseng, aloe vera, and fruit extracts to condition skin simultaneously.
Pixi On-the-Glow Blush, $27, available at Sephora
21 / 22
Rare Beauty Warm Wishes Effortless Bronzer Sticks
- Why We Love It: We know make-up sticks to simply our regimens by allowing us to impart pigment quickly and easily. This process is ultimately somehow made even more straightforward through Rare Beauty’s bronzer stick, known to blend like a dream.
- Beauty Benefits: Designed to blend and go, this creamy number delivers a sun-kissed warmth able to sculpt and wake-up the skin in seconds.
Rare Beauty Warm Wishes Effortless Bronzer Sticks, $38, available at Rare Beauty
22 / 22
Kosas Cloud Set Setting Powder
- Why We Love It: The draw to Kosas’s Cloud Set powder lies in its lightweight, sheer setting capabilities. Think of it as the ultimate formula to round out any minimalist make-up routine.
- Beauty Benefits: Enriched with bamboo extract, Chinese peony, and passionfruit leaf extract, this Kosas pressed powder promises to minimise the look of pores, quell shine, and overall smooth your skin’s appearance—without feeling heavy or cakey on the skin—revealing a naturally glowing, your-skin-but-better look. Have oily skin? TikTok users recommend first baking with a loose powder and following with this to really prevent shine throughout a day’s make-up wear.
Kosas Cloud Set Setting Powder, US$35, available at Kosas