It’s been well over a year since BTS announced chapter two—which commenced a series of solo releases from each one of the members. From RM’s poetic Indigo and j-hope’s fiery Jack In The Box to Jimin’s atmospheric Face and Suga’s impeccable round-off to the Agust D saga, the septet has been consistently delivering drop after drop, each one poised to leave their hopeful fans, the ARMY, with only more to look forward to every time.
The latest from chapter two? ‘Seven (ft. Latto)’, the first solo single by the group’s youngest member, Jungkook. It features Grammy-nominated American rapper Latto on the bridge of the poppy track, who also makes an appearance in the song’s accompanying music video. Considering the lead-up to Jungkook’s single release had been an absolute ride—think bare-it-all teaser images of the BTS member and swirling rumours of South Korean actor Han So-hee being featured in the MV—it seemed we had much to anticipate. No doubt, Jungkook swiftly entered and topped the charts, with a hit pop single that’s chock-filled with its fair share of addictive refrains and his dependably smooth melodies. Understandably, a play of the ‘Seven (ft. Latto)’ MV has had us all on the edge of our seats—so here we are, post-watch with some thoughts on the music video. Seven, to be exact.
- Somehow, the fact that Jungkook is playing the hopeless romantic, manic-bordering-psychotic stalker boyfriend all through this 227-second effort is making so much sense.
- Han So-hee is the woman of the hour and so girl crush-coded. We get why Jungkook’s character is so smitten.
- One point of contention? You should have been the one doing the laundry there, JK.
- Latto was a welcome entrance and perhaps not that random at all, considering the rapper’s previous album coincidentally being titled 777.
- There’s no denying that the lyrics for the explicit version are a lot more shocking than we’d have expected considering the rather comical nature of the MV but there are definitely no complaints from our end.
- Whoever styled Han So-hee in this deserves a raise. Just look at that shot of her walking through the streets.
- Jungkook falsifying his death purely to get the attention of Han So-hee was not on my ‘Seven’ bingo card when we hit play initially but then again…what was?
“in another life, I would’ve really liked just doing laundry and taxes with you”
— 7 (@starjkoos) July 14, 2023
Listen to ‘Seven (ft. Latto) (Explicit Ver.)’ on Apple Music here.